Do you know Bika ambon?
If you’ve gone to Medan North Sumatra, Indonesia. Of course you know ‘Bika Ambon’. A kind of confectionary Bika Ambon typical North Sumatra, Indonesia. Made from materials such as eggs, sugar, and coconut milk, bika ambon generally sold with a sense of pandanus, though now there are other flavors available such as durian, cheese, and chocolate.
The Main Ingredients :
15 g instant yeast
20 grams sugar
15 g wheat flour
75 ml of water
Ingredients Flour :
200 g corn starch
300 grams sugar
8 egg yolks
½ tsp Vanilla
½ teaspoon lime peel, grated
15 kaffir lime leaves
350 ml thick coconut milk
½ tsp salt
½ teaspoon yellow dye
cooking oil to polish mold
How to Make Bika Ambon:
I wanna teach you, how to make a good, nice and wonderfull Bika ambon, these are the steps you must follow :
- Starter dough: Mix all ingredients and let stand for 25 minutes.
- Boil the coconut milk, salt and lime leaves to a boil while stirring so that milk is not broken, remove from heat. Discard lime leaves and coconut milk mixed with corn starch and stir well.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until sugar dissolves. Enter the sago flour mixture, shredded kaffir lime skin, Vanilla and yellow dyes. Stir well. Allow the dough for ± 3 hours.
- Pour mixture into a mold that has been spread with oil and heated before the batter is poured.
- Bake in the oven with the fire down, leave the oven door remains open until the bubbles stop.
- Turn off the oven bottom, then turn on the oven top and bake until cooked and golden browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Once cool remove the cake from the mold
- And the cake is ready to eat.
these are the example of bika ambon, nice cake